I had sex with my girl friend unprotected. When I pulled out, I made sure that no cum got in her. That was a week ago. Now she said that she may be pregnant. What shouldi do?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Pregnancy 7 days

If she knows she is pregnant, then it probably is from another sexual encounter, as a pregnancy 7 days after intercourse would not be likely to have any signs or be detected by ordinary pregnancy tests.

In brief: Pregnancy 7 days

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Only takes one

There is often some semen in pre-ejaculate, so the pull-out method is not very reliable.
However, if this was your only encounter, it is not likely to know pregnant after only one week--more like 3. Perhaps another partner?

In brief: Only takes one

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine

In brief: It's possible

On rare occasions, pregnancy may occur. She should undergo a sensitive pregnancy test if she thinks she may be pregnant.

In brief: It's possible

Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Videh Mahajan

In brief: Contraception

Coitus interruptus is not 100% safe method of contraception.

In brief: Contraception

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan

In brief: Russian roulette

If you are under the impression that you can pull out before the "main load" and prevent pregnancy you are wrong.
You leak sperm at every point during intercourse and it only takes one.If this has been your past BC then a pregnancy would be expected at some point.

In brief: Russian roulette

Dr. Adam Levy