I had sex with my girl friend unprotected. When I pulled out, I made sure that no cum got in her. That was a week ago. Now she said that she may be pregnant. What shouldi do?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Pregnancy 7 days
If she knows she is pregnant, then it probably is from another sexual encounter, as a pregnancy 7 days after intercourse would not be likely to have any signs or be detected by ordinary pregnancy tests.

In brief: Pregnancy 7 days
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Only takes one
There is often some semen in pre-ejaculate, so the pull-out method is not very reliable.
However, if this was your only encounter, it is not likely to know pregnant after only one week--more like 3. Perhaps another partner?

In brief: Only takes one
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine
In brief: It's possible
On rare occasions, pregnancy may occur. She should undergo a sensitive pregnancy test if she thinks she may be pregnant.

In brief: It's possible
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Videh Mahajan
In brief: Contraception
Coitus interruptus is not 100% safe method of contraception.

In brief: Contraception
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan
In brief: Russian roulette
If you are under the impression that you can pull out before the "main load" and prevent pregnancy you are wrong.
You leak sperm at every point during intercourse and it only takes one.If this has been your past BC then a pregnancy would be expected at some point.

In brief: Russian roulette
Dr. Jonathan Jassey