I'm suspecting I have atrial fibrillation. Ekgs are abnormal. Heart is always speedy, short of breathe. My echo though was normal. How to diagnose?

Dr. Raphael Peralta

In brief: Ekg

Ekg should tell u if u have a fib.

In brief: Ekg

Ekg should tell u if u have a fib.
Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: That EKG

The ekg should clearly show if you're having fib at the time.
If you're only having it in bursts, but not when the ekg was taken, you may need a holter monitor or event recorder.

In brief: That EKG

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: EKG shows what?

Atrial fibrillation can certainly cause palpitations, shortness of breath, and even chest pain and heart injury, so it is good to diagnose.
Ekg is usually what shows it, so would ask for specific reading of it. Many things can cause a.Fib, such as thyroid disease, poor blood flow, drugs, medications, etc, so once found other studies need to be done.

In brief: EKG shows what?

Dr. Marsha Davis