I'm suspecting I have atrial fibrillation. Ekgs are abnormal. Heart is always speedy, short of breathe. My echo though was normal. How to diagnose?

Dr. Raphael Peralta
In brief: Ekg
Ekg should tell u if u have a fib.

In brief: Ekg
Ekg should tell u if u have a fib.
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: That EKG
The ekg should clearly show if you're having fib at the time.
If you're only having it in bursts, but not when the ekg was taken, you may need a holter monitor or event recorder.

In brief: That EKG
Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: EKG shows what?
Atrial fibrillation can certainly cause palpitations, shortness of breath, and even chest pain and heart injury, so it is good to diagnose.
Ekg is usually what shows it, so would ask for specific reading of it. Many things can cause a.Fib, such as thyroid disease, poor blood flow, drugs, medications, etc, so once found other studies need to be done.

In brief: EKG shows what?
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Adam Smith