50, female. Enjoy 2 vodka martini every other night. Is this ok for my health? I exercise , eat right and take many vitamins

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Probably

The recommended number of drinks/wk for non-pregnant women is 7 or less.
If you have a family history of breast cancer, you might want to drink less. Studies have shown a link between alcohol and breast cancer. But alcohol is also associated with a lower risk of heart disease. To make an informed decision about how much to drink, talk to your doctor about your personal risk of these diseases.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: You are at the upper

Limit of what is considered safe alcohol use in women - one drink per day or 7 per week, never more than 3 on one occasion.
In most people, that amount is unlikely to cause any physical or psychological issues. If you eat right, you actually do not need vitamins, let alone "many" vitamins. I am assuming you put 1.5 oz (one shot) into these drinks - if it is more, than you are exceeding limits.

In brief: You are at the upper

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Adam Levy