Should a person with frequent yellow and garlic-smelling urine who drinks plenty of water seek medical attention? Had condition for 3-4 months.

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Garlic odor

Do you eat much garlic? The odor of garlic is easily detectable on your breath and in your urine as it is metablized.
Are you taking an supplements containing garlic, which is used as an alternative medicine? Yellow is the normal color for urine, so this is not a problem. Whatever is the cause, it is highly likely to be benign and go away by itself. I don't think you need to see a doctor.

In brief: Garlic odor

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Adam Smith