I had my period this month and it lasted 5 days and finished and after 3 days I have bleeding what is that ?

Dr. Ester Kwok

In brief: Depends on one's age

A woman with the above symptoms who is in her 50's, may be nearing menopause;an young woman in her 20's w/ the above may have had an anovulatory cycle;a woman in her 30-40's may have fibroids, hormonal abnormalities, uterine or ovarian problems.
Most things in medicine require a proper history and exam in order to arrive at a diagnosis. Please see your gynecologist, especially if this continues.

In brief: Depends on one's age

Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Ester Kwok
The possibilities are not exclusive to the age groups. For ex: a woman in her 50's may also have fibroids. The point being made is that there may be multiple causes. One isolated irregular cycle without pain or discomfort may not need attention, but re- occurring unusual cycles warrants an investigation by your doc.
Dr. Jane Van Dis