Is one sign of an anxiety attack having a seizure like experience? Hands curled in and shaking of the body

Dr. Timothy Re
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Not usually

Anxiety can perhaps mimic a seizure and many people shudder, shake and have motor components.
Seizures can be very serious and need to be diagnosed by a physician. This can be hard to tell without further tests.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Timothy Re
Dr. Timothy Re
Dr. Marc Zimmermann

In brief: No

Seizures are rarely a part of an anxiety attack.
Anxiety attacks are usually characterized by feelings of dread or fear of death, palpitations, shaking, shortness of breath, chest pain, G.I. Discomfort, feeling lightheaded, fear of loss of control, and chills or hot flashes.

In brief: No

Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Eric Weisman