What is the appropriate management of periodontal disease where there is horizontal bone loss and vertical bone loss?

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry
In brief: You NEED a Dentist
There is absolutely no way for you to take care of this condition yourself.
You need professional dental care. Maybe even a periodontist (gum/bone specialist). Also, you need on-going care for the rest of your life, since there is no "cure" for this condition yet. It can be improved and maintained, but it requires immediate, assertive, and on-going professional care. Without that, bye bye teeth.

In brief: You NEED a Dentist
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
There are 2 different treatments for Periodontal disease, The first is non surgical and the second is surgical. In order To properly answer your question I would need to know How much bone have you lost and what kind of treatment have you received.
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: D.D.S. to answer
I believe this is a question for a dental surgeon (d.D.S.).

In brief: D.D.S. to answer
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends
If the problem is mild then, dental cleanings, gum surgery/laser surgery can be performed.
If it is more severe, bone grafting may be required. If the periodontal disease is very severe, then the tooth or teeth will need to be removed.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham