Burning sensation in left calf muscle?

Do you have varicose. Veins in the leg, if you do, this could be superficial phlebitis, if you do not it could muscular origin, both you could treat with Motrin and moist heat. If did not go away check with your doctor.
Rule out blood clots. Whenever you have calf pain and swelling, one should rule out a blood clot with an ultrasound test. Muscle pains are commonly caused by tight calf muscles, especially in the high heeled wearer. Arthritic fluid from the knee can leak into the calf area a well, causing burning pain. And if you are a runner, well you need to stretch.