How to take care for a one year old baby who has asthma, any food to avoid, or need long term medicine?

Dr. Lee Perry
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Depends on severity

There are no specific foods to avoid in a 1-year-old with asthma unless there is a history of food allergy.
The need for long term medications is dependent on the severity of the asthma.

In brief: Depends on severity

Dr. Lee Perry
Dr. Lee Perry

In brief: See below

There should not be any specific foods to avoid, unless the child has food allergies.
Also you need to understand what asthma is and the signs to look for. I would discuss that with the child's doctor. As far as chronic medication, the need for that depends on the severity and frequency of attacks.

In brief: See below

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera

In brief: Diagnosed

Has the baby been diagnosed with asthma? If so it is a chronic disease that requires long term treatment.

In brief: Diagnosed

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology