How long should I wait before driving from sea level to 8000+ft after a pneumothorax? I have had vats pleurodesis before but had small recurrent pnemo

Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Depends
On the remaining size and number of blebs or bullae.
If on the cat scan of the thorax none are left and a good abrassive and light talc pleurodesis was done the chances of a recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax is less than 1%.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine
In brief: Depends
The answer depends upon the specifics of your situation- why you developed a pneumothorax (spontanious, tramatic, underlying lung disease, etc), is it recurrant, and how much is still left.
The doctor who is treating you can best answer this question.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Peter Kurzweil