I have type two diabetes with mild neuropathy as my only symptom. I am not overweight. Like to have wine before dinner. Told to eat something before?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

I generally advise my patients with neuropathy to refrain from alcohol intake as alcohol is toxic to peripheral nerves (and central nerves) for that matter. Having said that however, it is up to you whether you drink or not.

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Minimize you risk

If you are diabetic is not advised to consume alcohol as it is toxic and gives you un-needed extra carbohydrates.
Alcohol also increases your chances of developing peripheral neuropathy. Discuss it with your doctor and seek their advice in order to minimize you risk of future complications.

In brief: Minimize you risk

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine