Is it worse to have high blood pressure or low blood pressure?

Both are bad. If left too high and too long, high blood pressure can cause damage to the heart, brain, and kidneys. It may take years and pts may not even realise it. Its often called a silent killer. Low BP is much more symptomatic and can cause a pt to pass out.
High blood pressure. Hypertension is a validated major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and requires thoughtful and effective treatment. Most cases of low blood pressure are benign unless accompanied by dizziness or altered consciousness.