What are the leading causes of death for women in their forties?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Cancer and heart dis
For women 40-44, the leading causes of death are cancer, unintentional injuries, heart disease, suicide, and stroke.
For women 45-49, they are: cancer, heart disease, unintentional injuries, and stroke. It's interesting to think of how many of these premature deaths could be prevented - about half. A good resource on how to prevent disease by age is an iphone app called my health checklist 2012.

In brief: Cancer and heart dis
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology
In brief: Cancer ranks #1
Based on the 2007 stats from the cdc for women between the age of 35-44 the leading top 10 causes of death was cancer followed by unintentional injuries, heart disease, suicide, hiv, stroke, chronic liver disease, homicide, diabetes and septicemia.

In brief: Cancer ranks #1
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani