Should I call my doctor or psychologist if I am a woman having sexual problems?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Both

The problem could be either physical or psychological in nature.
You need to call a physician to help you figure if there's anything physical going on and potentially get further referrals. Psychologist will help you guide through the process of communicating with your partner, figuring out the emotional aspect of things. Good luck!

In brief: Both

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Depends on problem

If you're not sure, start with your doctor to see if there is a physical cause that is treatable with medication or short-term counseling.
If the problem seems more complex, speak to a therapist with experience counseling people with sexual problems.

In brief: Depends on problem

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Adam Levy