Must I have surgery to remove scar tissue from my breast implant?

Least of problems. As of now, women with implants are still "supposed" to be followed by the fda and their doctors for connective tissued disorders and autoimmune disorders also anaplastic lymphoma a rare ca. The least of the problems is scar tissue. Please refer to the fda website on their recent review. Unfortunately, breast implants are a very big and profitable industry--i hope they, and the docs step up.
Contracture. If you have capsular contracture then typically the treatment for this condition is surgery. There are some areas of the country were physical therapy has been employed with ultrasound to break up the capsular contracture however I do not know if there is a provider in your area. Speak to your local board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.
Not Necessarily. Removal of scar tissue from around breast implants (capsulectomy) is indicated only if the scar tissue has thickened causing the breast to be firm and/or painful. Otherwise, normal/soft breast implant capsule does not need to be addressed surgically. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to more precise advice. Best wishes.
Only if problematic. Scar tissue can usually be left alone if not problematic. Namely if it is not a capsular contracture. If it interferes with mammography or is symptomatic and causes pain or deformity, removal or treatment such as capsulotomy or a neo-pectoral pocket may be indicated or beneficial.
Depends. The degree of scarring determines the treatment required. Generally, if the scarring is causing pain or a change in shape, surgery is necessary to remove the scarring.