What are healthier alternative to mashed potatoes?

Dr. Maiysha Clairborne
In brief: Cauliflower
An easy and great recipe to substitute for mashed potatotes: 1-2 heads of cauliflower, 1 clove garlic, 1/8 cup chives, 1 tbsp olive oil or low fat buttery spread, 1/4 cup milk (or almond milk).
Steam cauliflower, then add above ingredients & blend to a whipped texture. If needed add more milk. Add salt/pepper to taste and enjoy. This is one of my favorite "mock mashed potato" recipes!

In brief: Cauliflower
Dr. Maiysha Clairborne
Dr. Maiysha Clairborne
Dr. Rick Kirschner
General Practice
In brief: Mashed cauliflower
Mashed cauliflower is a wonderful alternative to mashed potatoes.
I had it just the other night at a fine local restaurant. It's low-carb and full of nutrition. Steam and then mash it , top with your favorite potato toppings. I think you're going to love it!

In brief: Mashed cauliflower
Dr. Rick Kirschner
Dr. Rick Kirschner
Dr. Jack Hinkle