What's the matrix model of psychotherapy?

Dr. Kevin Nasky

In brief: Addiction treatment

Primarily aimed at addition, the matrix model is an outpatient model of treatment focusing on behavior (rather than underlying 'issues') and accountability to therapist, with whom a positive therapeutic alliance is crucial (perhaps the lynchpin of the entire model).
Other aspects of the model are a potpourri of common interventions, e.g. Psychoeducation, 12-step, family involvement, etc.

In brief: Addiction treatment

Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Jonathan Shedler
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Not enough info

I am an expert in psychotherapy and am unfamiliar with the term. It may refer to an approach developed by a particular clinic or group, not a mainstream model of psychotherapy.
Mainstream therapy approaches include, for example, psychodynamic therapy, cbt, ipt (interpersonal psychotherapy), and so on. You should probably be asking the person recommending this treatment a lot more questions.

In brief: Not enough info

Dr. Jonathan Shedler
Dr. Jonathan Shedler