What are the risks to preteens of drug and alcohol addiction?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Below
Younger brains will have more pronounced neurotransmitter effect when exposed to the same amount of drug, which will lead to more significant establishment of cravings in persons who are more impulsive.
Since brains are still developing, one may be moe likely to see long eterm neurological deterioration.

In brief: Below
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Great
The risks are great for teen drug and alcohol abuse.
I own and operate a detox clinic and will add that some of the teens I have seen have actually died from drug abuse. I went to the funeral for an unfortunate young man. Very sad. The best thing to do it to talk with your kids and don't stop talking, explaining that you do not approve of underage drinking and drug use.

In brief: Great
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Eric Weisman