How will contact dermatitis affect the body?

Only 0n area. Any areas of the body that are touched by the substance you are sensitive with start getting red an itchy 12-24 hours after contact. Each spot has it's own timeline. They will continue to get worse sometimes blistering and oozing by 48 hours. Without treatment will gradually resolve in 7 -10 days.
Skin Irritants. A list of the top culprits that trigger skin reactions, or contact dermatitis. Some cause symptoms like redness, itchy skin, or inflammation.Some are triggered by an individual's allergy (contact allergic dermatitis) while other chemicals affect everyone (contact irritant dermatitis). http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/dirty-dozen#1.