How can I repair the dry cracked skin on my heels?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Daily care

Skin is mostly water. As skin builds up(callusing), the skin can dehydrate and shrink.
As it shrinks, surface tension causes the skin to split. This can be painful. Keeping the foot hydrated with cream daily can help. If callusing is severe, then using a cream with urea 40-50% can be very helpful. Using a pumice stone can also help reduce callusing. Dr l.

In brief: Daily care

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry

In brief: Pumice and urea

Prescription strength urea cream (40% urea) can help soften and hydrate the skin.
Removal of the thick dead skin can be accomplished with regular use of a pumice stone. We have a few different heel treatments at the stride medical foot spa some which involve the use of a scalpel blade or electric file to remove very thick calluses and/or the use of a glycolic acid peel.

In brief: Pumice and urea

Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen