What will treat atopic dermatitis?

Treat itch, triggers. There are 4 basic principles to treating atopic dermatitis: 1: controlling itch with antihistamines, 2: good skin care for dryness, 3: using anti-inflammatory medications like steroid creams and elidel/protopic type agents, and 4: studying and addressing triggers (like food or animal allergies or chemicals that irritate sensitive skin, or superinfection with staph). See dermatologist or allergist.
Protect. Avoid things that make you break out, soaps & wetness. Wash your hands only when necessary. Wear gloves when needed. Wear clothes made of cotton. Bathe only with a small amount of mild unscented soap, such as dove. Keep the water temperature cool or warm, not hot. Use the medicine your doctor gave you. Use a plain moisturizer daily. Avoid scratching or rubbing the itchy area. Manage stress.