Are there specific laws on who qualify for heart transplant?

Sort of. Not really laws, but a way of operating. A very careful and thorough series of tests, exams, and evaluation of your support structure is needed.
Laws, no... The international organ procurement networks provide a series of rules for each specific type of organ which govern the transplant status (rank) of the candidates. Within each institution, the transplant team determines the individual suitability of their candidates. This process is constantly reevaluated, in the hopes of getting the organs to the most affected patients.