How does gay discrimination affect transgender people?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Violence and Bullies

I feel that transgendered humans get some of the worse life journey than we can imagine.
I take care of a few hundred. I see and hear that they are beaten frequently. They are bullied, gossiped about; given misinformation. Their medical care is often not paid for by insurance. They suffer from job discrimination. All of the worse thing you can imagine. But, those that survive are true heroes.

In brief: Violence and Bullies

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Like gays,

Transgendered people often deal with having an orientation that can be subject of scorn and ostracism.They tend to experience high levels of stress from victimization/other forms of discrimination (prejudice, stigma), which can contribute to a host of mental health problems.
They are often deprived of the simplest ways of expressing affection in public; they don't receive the same level of support

In brief: Like gays,

Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
...from society and family that heterosexuals take for granted. They have fewer external supports for keeping their relationships intact. In short, may of the same challenges experienced by gay individuals. Agree with Dr. Killien, some of the bravest individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with.