How long on average does it take to do a heart bypass surgery?

In brief: 2-4 hours

It depends : first operation how many blockages which grafts(?Artery or vein) experience of surgeon and team other risk factors plavix or other causes of bleeding heart function obesity combined surgery.

In brief: 2-4 hours

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: About 4 hours

Well it depends on exactly what type of surgery.
Also it depends on whether there are any complicating problems that might occur during the surgery. It also depends on how fast the surgeon is. The result is more important than how long it takes, so if it takes longer, the patient may do fine. I sometimes ask how long does it take you to drive home or bake a cake. It might vary from day to day.

In brief: About 4 hours

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Steven Seres