Why can I get a handicapped parking placard or permit for driving mom?

Mother is disabled. The only way that you can obtain a disabled parking permit or placard for your mother is if your mother is medically disabled. You receive the permit for your vehicle because you will be the one driving your mother to and from wherever she is going. You have to fill out a specific form at the department of motor vehicles and the doctor must fill out portions attesting to your mother's disability.