How can I be a better parent than my own parents?

Dr. Sheldon Kaplan
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Better parenting
Better parenting means 5x more compliments than criticism, consistency, rule / goal setting, rational consequences not harsh discipline, teaching responsibility by example, and listening and Socratic questioning when kids are faced with life's problems.
No lecturing, scolding and trying to solve their difficulties. Easy to say, hard to do! Read books, take classes, groups, prof. help, etc.

In brief: Better parenting
Dr. Sheldon Kaplan
Dr. Sheldon Kaplan
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Good start!
Intention to be a better parent than your parents is a good start.
.. However, now that you have this intention clearly set, relax... And be the best parent that you can be! enjoy it while you're at it. :)))).

In brief: Good start!
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. John Weeks
most important job most of us ever do; and for which we are all unprepared!