How should I choose a pediatrician?

See below. I would talk with friends, family members, and neighbors about their children's physicians. They can be a valuable resource. Also, some doctors will allow you to visit the office prior to choosing them. You can check on the aap web site for recommendations in your area, as well. In addition, don'y be locked into your choice. If you become uncomfortable as time goes on, you may need a change.
Set up an interview. Set up an interview with several pediatricians, tour the office, meet the staff. Some great questions that I am asked frequently: Who will answer a call afterhours? What are hours of office? Can you reach the doctor 24/7? What happens if your child is admitted to the hospital? **Most important is do you feel comfortable with the pediatrician! You will see them VERY often in baby's first years!