Is acupuncture helpful to treat trigeminal neuralgia?

Dr. Val Koganski
I've treated multiple patients with trigeminal neuralgia with acupuncture with good success.
If you've had it for long time, acupuncture may not be able to eliminate pain completely, but still will provide significant relief. It's not a miracle , but does work for a lot of patients.

Dr. Val Koganski
Dr. Val Koganski
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Neurosurgery
In brief: Not in my experience
Patients typically do not experience relief with acupuncture for this condition.

In brief: Not in my experience
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: EastWest Integrative
Medication management is the first line of treatment.
60-70% of patients will be controlled with medications. The medication is titrated to the point of pain control or the inability of the patient to tolerate the side effects. At this point I use acupuncture/acupressure to ameliorate side effects and tapper down medications.

In brief: EastWest Integrative
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin