Is acupuncture helpful to treat trigeminal neuralgia?

Yes. I've treated multiple patients with trigeminal neuralgia with acupuncture with good success. If you've had it for long time, acupuncture may not be able to eliminate pain completely, but still will provide significant relief. It's not a miracle, but does work for a lot of patients.
Not in my experience. Patients typically do not experience relief with acupuncture for this condition.
EastWest Integrative. Medication management is the first line of treatment. 60-70% of patients will be controlled with medications. The medication is titrated to the point of pain control or the inability of the patient to tolerate the side effects. At this point I use acupuncture/acupressure to ameliorate side effects and tapper down medications.