What treatments may decrease my trigeminal neuralgia pain?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Gamma Knife
Or other forms of stereotactic radiosurgery are possible alternatives to dr. Nguyen's correct suggestions, but not all neurosurgeons have access.

In brief: Gamma Knife
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Neurosurgery
In brief: Meds, surgery
Patients are treated with medications first.
Glycerol injections or radio frequency ablation can help. In patients whose MRI scans show a blood vessel near the nerve in the brain, a microvascular decompression may produce long-term improvements. See your neurosurgeon.

In brief: Meds, surgery
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Dr. Tung Nguyen
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
IMO ... meds are down the line secondary to myofasical therapy. With MRT is that your treatment is based on the present physical examination in the office without high tech equipment or waiting. Most pain issues will evolve so the MRT can evolve with the pain issue. On the spot, in the office, simple, highly effective and safe ... doing no harm!!
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
In brief: Consider Acupuncture
Tn overlap with myofascial patterns.
Don't wait to start care the pain can make you wish you were dead! think flesh/tissue and not nerves for face pain! begin a self-care wellness program of vits, magnesium glycinate, sleep hygiene, self/pro massage, chiropractor, heat, epsom soaking, stretching. I use acupuncture! see my "new view" note in health files.

In brief: Consider Acupuncture
Tn overlap with myofascial patterns.
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Michael Belete
In brief: Medications help
Once the diagnosis is established as primary tn, there are medications that may help.
Carbamazepine, which is a prescription medication is a starting point. Talk to you physician if this is right for you.

In brief: Medications help
Dr. Michael Belete
Dr. Michael Belete
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
The greatest benefit of myofasical therapy is that your treatment is based on the present physical examination in the office without high tech equipment or waiting. Most pain issues will evolve so the MRT can evolve with the pain issue. On the spot, in the office, simple, highly effective and safe ... doing no harm!!!
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Several options
Typically the treatment starts with so-called antiepileptics (carbamazepine , oxarbazepine, etc) Baclofen may be helpful as well.
There are invasive treatments that include radiofrequency ablation, ballon compression or surgical intervention - microvascular decompression.

In brief: Several options
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Janet G. Travell, MD noted over 50 years ago that the muscle tissues or flesh was the culprit and therapy has to be focused at the cause. The greatest benefit of myofasical therapy is that your treatment is based on the present physical examination in the office without high tech equipment or waiting. Most pain issues will evolve so the MRT can evolve with the pain issue. On the spot, in the office, simple, highly effective and safe ... doing no harm!!
Dr. Vikram Patel