Must I see a specialist for my headaches or tough them out?

See your doctor 1st. I'd suggest starting out by seeing your regular doctor, who can diagnose and treat most of the common headache causes. If your doctor is unable to find the cause, or if it's a cause best treated by a neurologist, your doctor can refer you to one.