How can I tell if my child is dehydrated at the beach?

In brief: See below:
Signs of dehydration may include the following: sunken eyes decreased frequency of urination or dry diapers sunken soft spot on the front of the head in babies (called the fontanel) no tears when the child cries dry or sticky mucous membranes (the lining of the mouth or tongue) lethargy (less than normal activity) irritability (more crying, fussiness with inconsolability) acute weight loss.

In brief: See below:
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
In brief: Early feature
Normally hydrated kids pee about every 6 hours and a reduction in frequency is an early sign of problems.
As long as the kid is alert and taking fluids well. I wouldn't worry about it if they keep up their urine output.If they become quiet, are not playing normally, and have a dry mouth and tongue, it is time to go in and hydrate.

In brief: Early feature
Dr. Cindy Juster