What are LDL & HDL cholesterol?

Lipoproteins. Ldl (low density lipoprotein) and HDL (high density lipoprotein) are types of cholesterol. Ldl is so-called "bad cholesterol" because it increases the risk of heart disease by causing hardening of the arteries/atherosclerosis. Hdl is considered "good cholesterol" since it removes cholesterol from the walls of arteries.
What are LDL and HDL. Ldl stands for low denstiy lipoprotein. Ldl is a particle which carries cholesterol in the blood. When the concentration of LDL particles is elevated, there is more risk of unexpected heart attacks. Hdl is high density lipoprotein. This particle also carries cholesterol. Hdl particles at times, may scoop cholesterol out of blood vessels and bring it to the liver for excretion from the body.
Particles vs. Fats. Ldl (low density lipoprotein) ; HDL (high density lipoprotein) are not cholesterol but complex protein particles which transport all fat molecules in water outside cells. ?ed LDL concentrations ?es incidence of cardiovascular diseases by driving atherosclerosis, thus bad. ?ed HDL considered good because they remove fats from cells which need to get rid of fats, including in the walls of arteries.