Will pulmonary hypertension run in families?

Potentially. Potentially but is is very rare. Likely less than 1 in a million. There is a mutation that is frequent among patient with unexplained pulmonary htn, formally termed idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. Current research is focused on identifying potential target of therapy that involve the genes related to familial pulmonary htn.
Sometimes. There are some inherited forms of pulmonary hypertension that are very rare but pulmonary hypertension can result from certain collagen vascular diseases like scleroderma and sometimes these run in families.
PAH may be inherited. Up to 5% of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (pah) may have a genetic or heritable cause. Research studies have identified a genetic abnormality affecting bone morphogenetic protein receptor 2 (bmpr2) that appears to predispose a patient to pah. Fortunately, even if an individual inherits the abnormal gene, the likelihood of developing pah is only 1 in 5.