How is bronchiolitis treated?

Virus. Supportive care. Some need oxygen. Iv hydration is necessary for some patients. If wheezing improves with albuterol or xopenex (levalbuterol) then i will continue using that also.
Support no meds. Mostly by supportive care, no medications. Rarely, in patients admitted to the hospital, medications may be tried as needed.
Most stay home. Most can stay at home. In more severe cases oxygen and IV fluids may be required in hospital. Antibiotics are not required as viral illness. In infants reasons for hospital may include: •poor feedinglethargy •respiratory rate above 70 breaths/minute •presence of nasal flare and/or grunting •severe chest wall recession •cyanosis (blue lips/tongue) •dehydration.