Must I seek immediate help if my child has acute epiglottitis?

Yes. If you believe this is happening it must be attended to quickly.Never force a kid you think has this to lay down.If they do, their airway can close quickly and they can die within minutes.Proceed to the nearest emergency facility allowing the kid to assume whatever position they are comfortable in.
Yes. Epiglottitis can be life threatening if airway suddenly closes. Need to have emergency care and monitoring of oxygenation, possibly intubation if condition deteriorates.Sometimes tracheostomy. Need proper antibiotic therapy if cause is from infecting organism.
Absolutely. This is very rare in immunized children. However, if you suspect this, your child should be seen in an emergency department. Epiglottitis is life threatening.