Must I be worried about my eldery mother losing weight?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Systemic

Any sudden changes in weight could be an indication of systemic issues - weigh gain could be heart, fluid gain that is sudden, weight loss is worrisome is a sign body is breaking down quickly to make up energy need evaluation for cancer, or acute illness, parasites.

In brief: Systemic

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Depends

On why she is losing weight.
A lot of elderly begin to lose weight...Decreased appetite, decreased metabolic feds. Some need to lose weight. If she is worrying you, then go see her doctor with her to be sure therenis not a medical problem causing the weight loss.

In brief: Depends

On why she is losing weight.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jane Van Dis