Do emotions play a role in a child's learning?

In brief: Yes!
5 crucial emotional competencies basic to social & emotional learning: 1.
Self/other awareness 2. Mood management 3. Self motivation 4. Empathy 5. Management of relationships. I think mastery of these five competencies results in enhanced emotional intelligence. Social emotional learning is to me essential for children in academic and life success.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Emotions
Yes, emotions play a critical role in a child's development.
One of the first challenges in life is to manage tension, manage impulses an learn how to manage anxiety and tension enough to be able to calm oneself. If we teach children to stifle their emotions or to be overly expressive they can suffer, if adults have a balance between thought and emotion so will our children. Best.

In brief: Emotions
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Jonathan Jassey