Can a pediatrician diagnose depression?

In brief: See below
Your child's pediatrician should be able to diagnose depression or at least agree that the child maybe depressed.
They can also provide resources for diagnosis and management. Some providers are not comfortable with mental health diagnoses, and/or management, though. I would discuss with your provider.

In brief: See below
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Depends
It depends on the comfort level of the pediatrician with their level of training in pediatric psychiatry.
It varies greatly for each individual doctor. I am certain if the pediatrician has any level of discomfort the child would be referred to an appropriate specialist.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis