How can I stimulate my child's senses to enhance mental development?

In brief: Multiple things
Reading is the best thing to do.
Limiting the amount of screen time, tv, computers, and video games, to less than 2 hours a day. Depending on the age of your child, stimulating games, such as puzzles, checkers, crossword puzzles, etc. May help.

In brief: Multiple things
Reading is the best thing to do.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Talk, read, play
You don't need anything fancy.
Baby einstein and other videos actually delay language development. Attune to your baby's rhythms, so you know when she's ready for stimulation and when she's had enough. Let her know she's communicating by matching her mood and cooing back when she's making baby noises.Your attention and interaction are key. The aap has a good book, your baby, birth-5.

In brief: Talk, read, play
You don't need anything fancy.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster