When should you take an athlete with a possible concussion to a hospital?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See below

If head trauma occurred, i think one should error on the side of caution and go to er if there is a possibility of a concussion.
Symptoms for me to go would definitely include loss of consciousness, memory loss, nausea or vomitting, bad headache, vision changes such as blurred vision, difficulty walking or other neurologic symptoms. Be cautious and dont ignore changes in the athlete.

In brief: See below

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: 60 seconds

If your player has been "out" for more than 60 seconds that demands a trip to the er in my opinion.

In brief: 60 seconds

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer