Why do my blood pressure and heart rate increase when I have a dilated cardiomyopathy?

Dr. Timothy Byrnes
In brief: Compensation
There is a decline in the amount of blood flow delivered by each heart beat.
The heart compensates by beating more often to maintain overall output. Also the decline in blood flow may result in excess adrenaline which elevates the blood pressure. Alternatively high blood pressure causes cardiomyopathy.

In brief: Compensation
Dr. Timothy Byrnes
Dr. Timothy Byrnes
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: See below
The body is trying to compensate for the heart not pumping enough blood to go the organs that need to be supplied with oxygen and nutrients.
High blood pressure may have contributed to your heart problem to begin with and you need to control it. You need close physician follow-up!

In brief: See below
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Arnon Rubin