Who can I talk to about getting help as a veteran with ptsd?

Dr. Christine Musello
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Free Care!
There is a national network of therapists who treat vets for free and confidentially.
To find one in your area, go to www.Giveanhour.Org.

In brief: Free Care!
Dr. Christine Musello
Dr. Christine Musello
In brief: Vet Center
If there is a "vet center" in your community -it is a great place to start.
The department of veterans affairs has a massive structure to provide services. Start with am vets, dav, va rep or other service officers to assist you with completing an application for services. You will need to have your condition "service -connected" to receive treatment. Even a 0% rating will get you services for >>.

In brief: Vet Center
life for that particular condition. I would start working on your application asap.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: PTSD and veterans
I hope you live near one of the va clinics which is emphasizing rapid and thorough treatment for ptsd.
The va has started recognizing the need to bring in more psychiatrists and therapists, and to train these practitioners to effectively treat the very large numbers of military personnel who have developed ptsd in recent years. If not, there should be helpful civilian practitioners for you.

In brief: PTSD and veterans
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. G. Allen Williams
General Practice
In brief: VA for PTSD Benefits
Veterans, like everyone else, have the option to seek medical care where ever they choose.
Seeking medical assistance at a local VA medical facility is advantageous in that your past service connected medical history can be obtained as well as the cost involved with your medical care can be substantially lower. Resources to obtain military service connected disabilities benefits are there as well

In brief: VA for PTSD Benefits
Dr. G. Allen Williams
Dr. G. Allen Williams
Dr. Andrew Berry
www.va.gov
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Psychologist
I know that in TX there are a lot of VA psychologists and psychiatrists, as well as private psychologists and psychiatrists that will see Veterans and have specialization in PTSD.

In brief: Psychologist
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Can be effective
PTSD support groups at vet centers often can be very effective.
Combat veterans talking with other combat veterans for many sufferers of combat PTSD is the best way to go, in addition to medication and individual therapy.

In brief: Can be effective
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
In brief: Your psychiatrist
The initial consultation can be from a psychiatrist or any mental health professional and following that treatment can be designed.
It will involve counseling and may be also medications.

In brief: Your psychiatrist
Dr. Kashinath Yadalam
Dr. Kashinath Yadalam
Dr. Arnon Rubin