Why is school-based health care advantage for poor kids?

Dr. Jennifer Diabo
In brief: Lack of care and f/u
One advantage of school based health care is that kids who ordinarily would not go to the doctor or dentist can receive appropriate medical care.
This includes children who may be uninsured or under-insured.

In brief: Lack of care and f/u
Dr. Jennifer Diabo
Dr. Jennifer Diabo
In brief: A bird in the hand
is better than 2 in the bushes.
Old saying but true. If your kids don't go to school the truant officer looks for them and parents get in trouble. Skip doctor visits and no one may know.I did a brief Special Olympics physical once at the school nurses office (one of many) and found a kid that needed heart surgery (that week).The parents hadn't taken her to a doc since birth.

In brief: A bird in the hand
is better than 2 in the bushes.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey