Why is it so hard to convince americans to lead healthier more active lifestyles?

We are used to . A mcdonald's drive through mentality. I want it my way and i want it now! many people have difficulty delaying gratification. If they exercise or diet they want instant results. They don't want to be bored so they tinker with the internet ; gadgets a lot. Many americans want a lifestyle that is easy.
Food allergy. The problem might be the hidden food allergy which creates hunger within few hours of eating creating a hunger due to inflammation of pancreas and creates a vicious cycle of eating things that are allergic. People are so busy and work environment does not provide healthy choices that is inexpensive. Learn how to detox. We have the power only to alter our behavior. Set an example by being healthy.