What are coverage rules for dependents under the new health care reform law?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Older age of coverag

The new law, termed the accountable health care act (called by its opponents obamacare) allows dependents currently receiving coverage to be on their parents policies until age 26 .
Prior to this many ended at 18 if they were out of the house and others at age 21 no matter what. This is in jeopardy if the supreme court rules against it. This will be a major issue in the 2012 campaign.

In brief: Older age of coverag

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Robert Luedecke
Obamacare allowed my kids to remain on my health insurance policy after graduating from college and until finding a job that included benefits. In the past, as soon as your child was no longer a full time student, they had no options. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of this and it is now the law.
Dr. Cindy Juster