How comfortable must I feel in working with my breast cancer doctor if he is a man?

Your preference. Nobody can answer your question, only you can. It is your preference to have a male or female doctor as your doctor. You should look for whoever you feel comfortable so that you can build a good physician-patient relationship. So, take a brief moment and really think about this question and listen to your heart. Good luck.
Very much. I do not think gender should dictate how comfortable you should feel with your surgeon. It should not matter. If he is a good doctor and knows what he is doing the gender is secondary. www.drlugo.com.