How comfortable must I feel in working with my breast cancer doctor if he is a man?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Your preference
Nobody can answer your question, only you can.
It is your preference to have a male or female doctor as your doctor. You should look for whoever you feel comfortable so that you can build a good physician-patient relationship. So, take a brief moment and really think about this question and listen to your heart. Good luck.

In brief: Your preference
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Very much
I do not think gender should dictate how comfortable you should feel with your surgeon.
It should not matter. If he is a good doctor and knows what he is doing the gender is secondary. www.drlugo.com.

In brief: Very much
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham