How must I be treated by my cancer doctors office staff?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: The Golden Rule
The golden rule works both ways: you should be treated the same way you would treat others in similar circumstances.
Clearly, a cancer doctor's office staff needs to treat all patients with respect, dignity, and compassion. We are only as strong as our weakest link: if you are not satisfied with your doctor's office staff, let him/her know this or find another doctor.

In brief: The Golden Rule
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Some of my best doctor referrers lose patients due to their staff...Sad to say, I help them find alternatives.
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Like gold!
You should be treated with the utmost respect, dignity, and warmth! you have cancer, and the last thing you need is rude or unpleasant office staff.
Sadly, staff may have limited life experience, and this is just a job to them. If you are not treated well and can afford the energy, write a letter to the office manager. Bring an advocate with you to appointments. Finally, leave and tell them why!

In brief: Like gold!
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Steven Seres