What is the best way for a hysterectomy to be performed?

Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology
In brief: It depends
There are many factors that could determine the best method of hysterectomy in any given patient.
As a general rule the least invasive method possible should be used. Most women do not require an open/abdominal hysterectomy. It also depends on your surgeons skill level and experience with the different methods of hysterectomy. Hope this helps.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Depends
That depends of the reason for the procedure.
It depends of a patients surgical history and the size of the uterus. Underlying medical problems may also influence surgery type. I perform most cases robotically and some by open incision. But a good surgical plan requires a proper evaluation.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham