How is endometrial ablation used to treat dysfunctional uterine bleeding?

Dub and endometrial. Causes of dysfunctional bleeding should be determined by a biopsy before proceeding to ablative therapy. If there is no evidence of cancer then the ablation can be performed to destroy the endometrial lining and prevent further bleeding in the future.
Destroys the lining. An endometrial ablation is a procedure in which the lining of the uterus is destroyed (burned, resected, vaporized) in order to stop or decrease bleeding. It is often used to treat dysfunctional uterine bleeding, which is abnormal bleeding due to hormonal abnormalities.