If I am enhanced to a d cup must I sleep in my bra?

Dr. Richard Baxter
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recommended

While it is impossible to prove that wearing a bra to sleep in prevents more sagging over time, I do recommend it.
We do know from studies on twins that women who sleep in a bra have less sagging, and implants do add weight to the breasts so it makes sense.

In brief: Recommended

Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not necessarily

You will probably get as many different answers for this as you will receive replies, but my opinion is: no.
With larger breasts, you will be more susceptible to ptosis (breast sagging) with time, because gravity never sleeps. However, my opinion is that wearing a bra after augmentation is for comfort only. Most patients are comfortable with light support, but do what is most comfortable for you.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Alex Lechtman
I'm not aware of any study that shows that wearing a bra makes any difference. I agree that my patients are more comfortable after surgery with some support but it's for comfort only.

In brief: Your choice.

Some women (especially w larger breasts or who are pregnant) sleep in bra for comfort.
It's recommended that a bra worn for sleep have soft cup w/o underwire or metal clasps. A shelf or cross-over design is recommended. Bras worn for sleep are made from soft materials. Use of improper cup depth can lead to rashes or chafing (due to breast contact against chest wall w trapped sweat).

In brief: Your choice.